Casual Dates And Casual Dating: How To Do It Right
Have you ever thought about what casual dating is? Some people feel it’s alluring and mysterious, some say it’s a euphemism for “promiscuous”. In real life, it’s not so black and white. Casual dates are not required to end with sex. Casual dating is not all about sex dating, either.
Casual dating is all about freedom and happiness. You are keeping your options open, so does your partner. It helps you figure out what kind of person you are, what are you looking for in a partner, what you really like in the sack, etc.
Casual dates are not for everyone, if you are a person that can get attached easily – well, this is not for you in particular. There’s little to no pressure and stress, no drama, that sounds way too good to be true, doesn’t it? You can’t have a casual thing without setting up some rules first!
- Go for it! If you see a cute guy or a cute gal, just go for it. Ask for that person’s number, if you get rejected – so what.
- Experiment! That’s the beauty of it, you don’t have the pressure to act a certain way or do this or that. You need to try everything you find even remotely intriguing, both in and outside of the bed. You should experiment with the type of people you’re dating, don’t just go for the same look or personality or taste, broaden your horizons.
- Honesty is key! Not just being honest with your partner, also being honest with yourself. Make your intentions clear from the get-go, if the person runs for the hills – so be it.
- Don’t tell anyone! This one is really simple, you don’t need people knowing about this thing, because everyone is insanely judgmental when it comes to relationships like that. It’s tempting to put out a Facebook status with some vague reference about how much you’re winning in life, etc. Our honest take on it: just don’t.
- Set the rules! Yeah, there’s nothing sexy about talking everything over, but you just have to. Casual dates don’t mean casual sex every single time, for example. Maybe your partner expects no-strings-attached love-making marathons every single time? Make sure you set the rules first and enjoy the benefits later.
- Respect your date! That’s the most important part, people have feelings and even if you are not “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” in the most traditional sense, it’s no excuse to treat the other person like crap or ghost them any chance you get.
- Listen to your heart! No, it’s not about one hit wonders – you just have to listen to that voice inside. Be true to yourself and STAY true to yourself all the way through. If you have some doubts or suspicions, just end it. That’s the best thing about casual relationships, there’s no drama.
That’s a few basic rules that we have for you. Of course, you can get more in-depth, but this magnificent seven, we felt like those are the most important/obvious/overlooked when it comes to casual dating. We also want to hear your take on it, what do you think is the most important. What was your experience like, if you had a casual thing with someone?
Granted, we will come back to you with more information about it, because, frankly, we try to stay unbiased, but we really think that a lot of people would benefit in exploring the more casual side of relationships. With someone worthy enough, that’s a given. Above everything else – just have fun.